Thursday, March 13, 2014

BUT WHY ?? 2


At this juncture let us begin with what is within the ambit of our own personal experience and not what has been hosed down our guts by both science and religion.
“Who” precisely I may not know (i.e. I may not be able to give a verbal or locution mediated definition using words)……but that “I exist” that much is my experience for sure and it doesn’t require any scientific or religious validation.

I exist I am told since my birth…..okay …….. So where was I before my so called birth?? And where would I then be after my so called death???

My existence is a constant experience even when I am unaware of my body such as in dream and deep sleep…….

So I can come to safely assume that this feeling of “I ness”, my existence, though is deeply associated with the body in waking state is not the finality of me.

I cannot say that I am the sensory perceptions (sight, sound, smell, taste, touch) the thoughts or the feelings as they are too fleeting in nature and besides they too are experienced by someone who is aware of them as well as their alterations …..i.e. in deep sleep I do not experience sensory perceptions, thoughts and emotions and yet I exist….
So sensory perceptions, thoughts, feelings and emotions too cannot be my finality…….

Okay …..sounds plausible …..but what if all of this is put together at once (i.e. body, sensory perceptions, thoughts, feelings, emotions) would that not be me ???

No comments:

Post a Comment