Thursday, March 13, 2014

BUT WHY ?? 3


Okay …..sounds plausible …..but what if all of this is put together at once (i.e. body, sensory perceptions, thoughts, feelings, emotions) would that not be me ???

Of course with such a bombardment of inputs and so many processes (i.e. body, sensory perceptions, thoughts, feelings, and emotions) running independently and interdependently it would seem difficult not to identify with the entire process as me. Especially when stakes are involved…..
But what if I for a moment step back from the stakes ……no need to dub them as real or unreal …… just stepping back …….. It’s like saying to oneself

“I will not be siding with the outcomes …..let me see what happens …. I am open to anything …… I am not invested into this story of my life for the (say like) next 1 hour or 0.5 hrs.”

This singular (honest) thought of disinvestment from the story of my life is a phenomenon ally liberating step. Simultaneously synchronized with the taking of this decision is an instantaneous feeling of Freedom and Upliftment.
So I look at myself, my condition, my environment, my circumstances etc …..everything about me as I would look at someone else ….a total stranger (not even a family member, friend, relative or an acquaintance as we are very much invested in them and hardly ever see them as they are)….in a very detached ….. disinvested manner.

Having stepped back from the stakes ……. Becoming disinvested from the current “story of my life” ……. Something very strange is experienced…..
Everything seems to be happening …..the bodily processes….the sensory perceptions….thoughts…feelings and emotions……all of it seems to be happening of itself. The tight and defensive grip of “I ness” seems to loosen and probably that is what is felt as a whiff of freedom and upliftment .
It is from this vantage point of clarity that I can come to know myself not otherwise. As would be seen and experienced from this liberating position that in a state of identification with the “story of my life” and all its ingredients (i.e. body, sensory perceptions, thoughts, feelings, and emotions) I am actually operating from merely a psychosocial conditioning implanted unto me by my socio-cultural environment (family, school, college, work place, peers, media, society in general)
Other than the body and its processes and sensory perceptions everything else begins to feel alien. All the unnecessary burden of do’s and don’ts, should’s and shouldn’ts , desires and fears, aspirations and sense of stagnation….. vaporizes into nothingness.
From this place of lightness and clarity I feel myself honestly ….. cherish myself lovingly…..and trust myself absolutely.

No comments:

Post a Comment